The B·Debate call for proposals for the 2013 calendar of activities is now open
B·Debate is an initiative of Biocat and the "la Caixa" Foundation that promotes top-notch international science events to foster the open debate of ideas and knowledge among experts of renowned prestige
B·Debate, an initiative of Biocat and “la Caixa” Foundation, has now opened its call for proposals for the 2013 calendar of activities. B·Debate aims to promote top-notch international scientific meetings in Catalonia to drive debate, collaboration and the open exchange of ideas and knowledge among experts and organizations of nationally and internationally renowned prestige. This call for proposals is geared towards renowned scientists and experts with links to research bodies in Catalonia that work in the field of the life sciences.
The debate proposals must especially focus on the values promoted by B·Debate:
- Frontiers of science: generating new cutting-edge knowledge in the life sciences. Identifying strategic challenges and new fields of research and study.
- Social impact: contributing innovative solutions that improve the conditions and quality of life of people and their environment.
- Internationalization: high level of international participation, both in terms of the areas of science dealt with and the participating speakers and organizations.
- Multidisciplinary: Approaches from transversal and complementary areas of science and disciplines.
- Barcelona-Catalonia: participation of researchers with links to local research bodies (speakers and participants). Promoting collaboration and consolidation of networks of national and international stakeholders, organizations and experts.
The standard format for B•Debate activities follows these criteria:
- 2 or 3 days long
- Closed sessions (participation with personal invitation only)
- Maximum 50-60 participants
- Participation from international organizations and speakers
- Program including portions geared towards generating debate
B·Debate’s contribution encompasses anything from the joint creation of the scientific program and complementary actions related to the proposal through to covering agreed upon economic expenses, which vary in each case and may include:
- Travel and accommodations
- Food and transportation
- Organizing non-scientific activities
- Technical secretariat and general coordination
- Press and communications office
- Actions to spread and raise awareness of scientific issues
Submissions must be made using the form available here, with required documents and any complementary information attached. All submissions received will be evaluated by the B•Debate Scientific Committee and selected based on their degree of excellence and how well they fit with the values promoted by B·Debate.
Deadline for submissions: 15 June to 14 September 2012 (inclusive).
Rules and regulation, call and submission form:
Laia Arnal (Projects Director)
Tel. +34 93 310 33 30